Children are exposed to a rich balance of academic and social skills that afford them a bright future in an increasingly competitive world. Our whole child approach to development, in combination with our enrichment programs provide the children with a true balance in their care. Our teachers plan engaging activities that incorporate STEAM:
- Science encourages investigation and answering questions, often involving experimentation.
- Technology encourages the use of simple tools like crayons and rulers, as well as more complex ones like microscopes and computers.
- Engineering engages the children in recognizing problems and testing solutions.
- Arts encourages creativity and allows the children to illustrate concepts they are learning.
- Mathematics provides practice with numbers, patterns, shapes, organizational skills and much more.
Our STEAM activities encourage children to explore, be innovators and engage in problem-solving through hands-on play. Learning centers complement our structured programs while providing additional opportunities for hands-on experiences to further develop early math skills, pre-reading and pre-writing skills, dramatic play, creative art and computers while giving the children time to balance both shared and independent learning.
Enrichment programs expand in our Pre-K program to include a foreign language, preschool sports, yoga, music and art during the academic school year. Special events throughout the year, including the Westfield Firehouse, Westfield Post Office, or just into town for ice cream, give our children an expanded sense of our community.